Do watch the video but here’s the cliff note version … there are 5 key elements that should be considered as key elements of any companies web strategy:
- Actively listening to your customers … using blogs, wikis, and customer forums to facilitate customer as they interact with each other; listening as customers talk to collect valuable insight and then using that insight to drive fundamental changes in product or marketing strategy
- Community building … either on your site or where your target customer hangs out on the web
- Crowd sourcing … relying on your customers to finish or extend the work you and your development team have started
- Engagement marketing … a strategy to actively engage customers in your brand and differentiate how you market to customers based on their differential engagement
- Mass customization… Offering unfinished or partially finished products or services that end users or channel partners can then combine; the resulting products or services are often highly customized
(The one I “forgot” in the interview was … sadly enough … #2 … community building!)
Did anyone catch the great mention of Jeremiah’s work in this week’s eWeek? EWeek reprinted a list provided by Jeremiah on “white-label” community-building technologies. The list was first published in February 07 and is now getting a little long in the tooth.
- To view the video shameless self promotion!
- Jeremiah Owyang’s list of white-label community-building technologies
- Eweek Article Social Computing Developers give Customers the MySpace Touch