I was thrilled this morning to wake up, scratch my head, grab my reading glasses, stumble for my phone and find that our landing page for our client Content Rules was featured as a best practice example on Search Engine Watch as a killer landing page that converts:
As a quick refresher, here are the criteria for landing page success:
- Have a Clear and Emphasized Call to Action
- Align Your On-Page Message and Call-to-Action With Your Off-Page Promise
- Simplify Design and Reduce Text
- Use Images Judiciously
- Show Brand Validation
- Enable Sharing and Highlight Social Validation
- Test, Test, Test
Let’s look at three landing pages doing it right. In the spirit of always testing and the belief that landing pages can always be optimized, we will include additional tips for how these landing pages can be tested to ensure that the best possible version is created.
Content Rules, a global content developer, created a landing page to syndicate and share their new eBook.
Type: Lead gen
What they are doing right:
- Design: The design of the landing page is simplified using bullets and only a few font variations with cues in the form header to direct attention to the call to action.
- Images: The landing page uses images thoughtfully, including a preview thumbnail of the ebook so visitors know what they will be receiving when they fill out the form.
- Brand validation: By including the client logos below the fold, Content Rules increases trust by association.
What they could test:
- Headline: Rewrite the headline as a benefit statement rather than a call to action. The headline should entice a visitor to to learn more about the offer before making a call to action.
- Social sharing: Include social sharing features to allow readers to share the content with their friends and associates.
- Search Engine Watch: Killer Landing Pages that Convert
- Search Engine Watch: 7 Tips for Landing Page Greatness